GOD IN PHYSICAL FORM
The reason for this page is to clarify what God said about His presence in the Tanakh or Old Testament. Many people I have spoken to over the years say that God can’t be nor ever has been in physical form of any kind. Exodus 33:18 says, “Then Moses said, “Do let me see our glory!” He answered, “I will make allmy beauty pass before you, and in your presence I will pronounce my name, ‘LORD’; I who show favors to whom I will. But my face you cannot see, for no man sees me and still lives. Here,” continued the Lord, “is a place near me where you shall station yourself on the rock. When my glory passes I will set you in the hollow of the rock and will cover you with my hand until I have passed by. Then I will remove my hand, so that you may see my back; but my face is not to be seen.”
Has God ever been on earth in any physical form?
• Pillar of smoke or fire at the Red Sea leading Jews through the desert. (Exodus 13:21-22)
• Burning bush with Moses, as God spoke to him. (Exodus 3:2)
• In a whirlwind with Job, speaking to him. (Job 38:1)
As Man and God:
• In the Garden of Eden Adam and Eve heard the voice of God and heard the footsteps of God walking in the Garden. (Genesis 3:8) (After they ate of the fruit of the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil, God said, in Geneses 3:22, “The man has become like one of us, knowing what is good and what is evil.”) (Genesis 1:26 says, “Let usmake man in our image, according to our likeness.)
• With Abraham as a man with two others, telling them that they would have a son at age 100 and Sarah at 90 (They laughed…Yitschak) (Genesis 18:1).
• God struggled with Jacob on the road and threw his him out of joint. Jacob was then named Yisrael or Israel (which means, “he struggled with God in Hebrew). (Genesis 32:29). Jacob named that place PenaiEl (the face of God) because Jacob saw God face to face. (Genesis 32:31).
• God told Moses to hide behind a rock so Moses could see God passing by. Moses saw God’s back and came down from Sinai with his face all aglow just from seeing God’s back. (Exodus 33:19). God spoke to Moses face to face as a man speaks to his friend (Exodus 33:11)
• God was in the oven with Daniel and his two friends. Instead of being burned to ashes, they came out withGod unsinged, not even a hair on their heads. (Daniel 3:92) Three men go into the furnace and a fourth one comes out with them, one looking like A SON OF GOD.
HAS THE MESSIAH COME YET?
(What do you think?)
This shows what God said about God’s coming in the flesh as the Messiah:
• When will the Messiah come? (Daniel 9:24-27) 490 years after this prophesy (2008 years ago, exactly on the year that Daniel said). This is why it is now 2008. 1/3 of the whole world population believes in our Messiah. FromAncient of Days (He is eternal). The temple would have to be rebuilt for the second time, the Messiah would have to come, and sacrifice would have to stop. It had to happen then and IT DID.
• Where was He to be born? (Micah 5:2) from Bethlehem and He was from ancient of days.
• Why was He to come: (Isaiah 53; to forgive all our iniquity. His soul was made an offering for our sin. He is a man (ISH IN HEBREW), (smitten or stricken.) Some say that “he” in Isaiah 53 means Israel. Does it make any sense to you that Israel would die for it’s own sin for the purpose of forgiveness of that sin? Can the death of people, like you and me, forgive each other’s sins? Only God can forgive sin. Only the Messiah, God.
• How will he come? Isaiah 9:5 A child is born to us, a son is given to us, and dominion shall be upon His shoulders and His name shall be called AVIYAD (Hebrew for MY ETERNAL FATHER), EL GIBOR (Hebrew forMIGHTY GOD, SAR SHALOM (Hebrew for PRINCE OF PEACE). Those who know Him, YESHUA (which meansDELIVERANCE OR SALVATION in Hebrew) (Isaiah 12:2) know that peace and forgiveness of sin. There is no more sacrifice and no more temple to sacrifice in (since 70 A.D.), because God said that sacrifice would come to an end in Daniel 9:24. The Messiah is the only way for forgiveness now, according to God’s Word.
• How? Isaiah 7:14 says of a virgin (Almah in Hebrew, which means virgin or maiden, chaste, never having physical relations with man.) This was to be a sign, a special sign from God (oth in Hebrew, pronounced oht). Some say that Almah doesn’t mean virgin but only maiden. Is a sign from God (if not interpreted as virgin) that a normal Jewish girl shall give birth to a normal Jewish boy? Does that make any sense at all to you?
Please take the time to read this website and more than that PLEASE READ THE WHOLD TANAKH (ALL 39 BOOKS). Don’t take my word for it or anyone else’s. Your eternal life and soul depend on what you do now when you are alive, here on this earth. Eternity is a long long time. Please be sure about your eternity.
ALSO: PLEASE TAKE THE GOOD PERSON TEST ON THE “R U A GOOD PERSON” PAGE. It shows we that we have all sinned and need the forgiveness that only our Messiah can give us!
Shalom and may the peace of God be with you as you search for the truth of God (HaEmet Elohim in Hebrew).