Are you kidding? God’s son?! or God’s Son?!!! How in the world can God have a son or a Son if God can’t even be in human form or any physical form for that matter! The reason I have the second page on this site as GOD IN PHYSICAL FORM and the next page as GOD’S SON is not by accident or coincidence. Please take the time to read GOD IN PHYSICAL FORM before you read this page. It will help you understand what God wrote and what God meant and intended for us to know!
I thought there was only one God. So how can there be a Son, and how can He be God too? Let’s take a look at the word ELOHIM in Hebrew. This is the Hebrew word for God. There are others also such as Adonai or LORD. There is a long list of names that God gave us so we could know more about Him and understand how magificent and incredibly awesome our God is. Please see this list on the NAME OF GOD page. One name just can’t do it! The word for God singular is Eloah. This is God singular. If we wanted to say God meaning two of them, we would use the Hebrew word Elohayim. The word Elohim indicates 3 or more in one. So here we go again, back to more than one God. We have a hard time understanding this concept. We can’t. We have to accept God at His word, meaning what He told us in the Holy Scriptures or the Tanakh (Old Testament). In Genesis 1:26, God wrote, “Let us make man in OUR image.” I don’t know about you, but I learned that our means plural, meaning at least two. I have asked rabbis about this fact and they say that it means a ROYAL WE, and it’s not plural. I have heard this phrase more than once. BUT, we still hear this term we in there, don’t we. When I say we, I mean you and me. That’s 2, isn’t it. Well, then, how in the world can we get 3 in one, meaning the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. After all, there is only one God.
One more thing on God being in human form. We are created in God’s image. That’s what God said, anyway, in Genesis 1:26. This has to mean that before we were created in God’s image, God had to have a model to follow, a man if you will. This man was the Messiah, God in the flesh, ready to come to walk the earth with us and save us from all our sin eventualy; actually 2000 years ago. And we call Him Yeshua or Jesus, which means Savior or Deliverer (from sin) in English!
In Deuteronomy 6:4, we Jews are very familiar with the Sh’ma. In English it says, “Here O Israel the Lord our God, the Lord is One.” Two things here. First of all, it says the Lord our God… The Lord will come as our Messiah, in physical form to save us from our sins. Secondly, there is God. Why not simply say God or Lord and not both! And one more thing; the word for one in Hebrew in this verse is Echad. In Hebrew this word for one means one all right, but it means a plural one. Huh?! It means one like in one nation or one people, a plural one if you will. If God wanted to say one as in one alone or one singular, He would have said the Hebrew word yachid (yacheed). So, at this point, we can see that God is plural or many in one! Now let’s see who this many is, shall we. It is always wise to use God’s word and not just heresay or conjecture, don’t you think?!
Genesis 6:3 says, “My Spirit shall not remain in man forever.” Genesis 1:3 says, “The Spirit of God was moving on the face of the deep.” In Hebrew this is also referred to as the Ruach HaKodesh or The Holy Spirit. And you can also see that the Spirit of God is in us as of Genesis 6:3. When we turn to God and believe in our Messiah, Yeshua, as Savior of our souls, we receive the Spirit of God into our souls again. We can actually regain God’s blessings so to speak. It all starts with an understanding of God’s word.
The plan is simple;
Read the Word of God.
Understand the Word of God by reading and studying the Word of God daily.
Believe the Word of God.
Receive Yeshua into your heart and soul (please see the TICKET TO HEAVEN page for this process.)
Sanctify yourself by living out the commandments of God, and transform yourself into the image of God that God intended way back in Genesis, to be Holy and Just and Good in His eyes. It takes a lifetime to work out our Holiness or Sanctification. We will never be perfect, but we should and can be closer to that image of Yeshua each and every day of our lives. When we sin, we ask for forgiveness and it is granted to us through the precious blood of the LAMB OF GOD, YESHUA.
Alright already! So we now can see the plurality of the One God in the Father God and the Spirit of God. Now let’s take a look at the reason for this page, THE SON OF GOD!
Please see the Hebrew and the direct translation below it directly from the Tanakh or Old Testament or Holy Scriptures.
Why do the nations rage and the peoples plot in vain?
- The kings of the earth take their stand and the rulers gather together against the LORD and against his Anointed One (Messiah).
- “Let us break their chains,” and say, “and throw off their fetters.”
- The One enthroned in heaven laughs, the LORD scoffs at them.
- Then he rebukes them in his anger and terrifies them in his wrath, saying,
- “I have installed my King on Zion, my holy hill.”
- I will proclaim the decree of the LORD: He said to me, “You are my Son: today I have become your Father.
- Ask of me, and I will make the nations your inheritance, the ends of the earth your possession.
- You will rule them with an iron scepter; you will dash them to pieces like pottery.”
- Therefore, you kings, be wise; be warned, you rulers of the earth.
- Serve the LORD with fear and rejoice with trembling.
- Kiss the Son, lest he be angry and you be destroyed in your way, for his wrath can flare up in a moment. Blessed are all who take refuge in him.
COMMENTARY: (verses listed below and explanation of meaning).
- As you can see, this is talking about the nations and not just about Israel and not just about King David.
- The kings of the earth are gathering against the LORD God and against His Anointed One of Messiah in Hebrew, Yeshua.
- Yeshua came to bring peace 2000 years ago. He will come again in Glory in the future and be a conquering King. The main objection to Yeshua or Jesus coming already is this; He didn’t conquer, so He failed. He came to bring peace to the world and He was rejected by some. Some believed in Him and have this peace. Did Yeshua/Jesus fail? Not if you can see God’s plan. In Isaiah 2:2 God says that there will be peace in the LAST OF DAYS or in Hebrew ACHERIM YOMIM. Is there world peace now? I don’t think so! Did Yeshua bring peace? Yes, He did, to those who believe in Him. If you have accepted Yeshua as Savior of your life and soul, you know this incredible peace! Is this a cop-out then when we say we have peace already? And that’s all we are going to get? NO! Yeshua will come in the future and conquer the nations and they will bow before Him. He is God! Then He will conquer Satan and the nations and there will be a physical peace as well as the spiritual peace we have already. It’s rather funny, if you will! We Jews say Jesus failed because He didn’t bring about peace, but they want Him to conquer them physically. If there is war and conquering going on, there can’t be peace. Did you know thatONE THIRD OF THE WHOLE WORLD’S POPULATION believes in Yeshua as LORD and God; Jews, Christians, Muslims, people from every nation and tongue! God made it very very clear about His coming as Messiah. Are you ready to receive Him into your heart and soul yet and be saved from all your sin?!
- The Messiah is LORD and He is in Heaven. Did you ever wonder why it says over and over in the Tanakh, “The LORD our God.” Yeshua is LORD and God! If there were not two in one that the God is talking about, it would just simply say the LORD or God, but both means just that…2 in one.
- God rebukes those who do not follow Him (in His wrath). Those people and nations who do not turn to God and the LORD Yeshua will suffer His terrible wrath. Israel refused to follow God and His commandments, so God allowed them to lose Israel for 2000 years and be dispersed all over the world because of their unfaithfulness. God warned us that many Jews would reject the Messiah, LORD, God, Yeshua when He came. This warning is found in Isaiah 53:3 when God said that His people would reject Him. Please see theISAIAH 53 page! If you reject the Messiah, God, LORD, He will certainly reject you. On earth, this means that you will have to suffer the consequences, and for all eternity you will be sent to HELL, the place where all those who have rejected God and the LORD Yeshua!
- Yeshua is King and He will come back again on Mount Zion, on the Temple Mount in Jerusalem (they will see peace in Hebrew), after the Temple is rebuilt for the 3rd and last time.
- Yes, Yeshua has been God’s Son and was announced to be 2000 years ago. In John 1:1 in the New Testament, or B’rit Chadash, “In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God.” Yeshua, our Messiah, has always been with God and we are fashioned after Him (Genesis 1:26). It says here that He will be God’s Son. Son is capitalized, which denotes deity or God!
- God will make the earth the Messiah’s inheritance. David reigned over Israel. The Messiah, Yeshua, will reign over all the earth. ALL of it!And not just Israel! This has to be talking about the Messiah, Yeshua, who will come to reign in power when He returns again!
- He will rule them with an iron scepter. The scepter in scripture denotes a kingly rule. In Genesis 49:10 it says that the scepter shall not depart from Judah until Shiloh (the Messiah) comes. Well, Jesus came, the kingly rule ended in Israel, and the temple was destroyed. It all happened as God said in Daniel 9:24-27. Please see theDANIEL 9 page for a full description of this prophecy.
- Not only are we to be warned but all the kings of the whole world. Yeshua will reign and He alone can and will conquer Satan for you. Yeshua came to conquer sin and death for us all. There is no more sacrifice and no more temple to sacrifice on. God said in Daniel 9:24 that the Messiah will come and He will bring an end to sin. We can be forgiven all our sins through a belief in Him as Messiah, God and Savior of our soul. This is the only way for forgiveness. After all, this is what God said. In Micah 5:2, God told us where the Messiah would be born…Bethlehem! Please see thePROPHECY page for hundreds of prophecies that God gave us so we would be sure to know all about God’s coming to earth as our very own Messiah! What a great God we have. He was willing to die on the cross for the forgiveness of all our sins. And all we have to do is accept God’s grace by accepting His plan of forgiveness through and in the Messiah, Yeshua/Jesus.
- Fear the LORD with fear and rejoice with trembling! We fear the LORD, because He is God. He holds your very life and soul in the palm of His eternal hand. We rejoice if we accept God’s plan and Messiah! The plan is very simple: accept the Messiah, Yeshua, and recieve forgiveness of all your sins and you enter Heaven when you die. But reject God and the Messiah, Yeshua/Jesus, and suffer the consequences of eternity in Hell because your rejected God’s plan of forgiveness. It doesn’t cost you a cent. Yeshua paid the price on the cross. He died for you. All you have to do is accept Him and God’s plan for your salvation.
- Kiss the Son. This is God’s way of sayingEMBRACE HIM WITH ALL YOUR HEART AND SOUL.
Please see the ISAIAH 9 page. God said this, “A child is born to us, a son is given to us, and dominion shall be upon His shoulders. His name shall be called ETERNAL FATHER, MIGHTY GOD, PRINCE OF PEACE, WONDERFUL, COUNCILOR.” How can a child be born and He shall be called this; God, Eternal, Prince of Peace?! Only God could do this. And He did it, exactly as He said He would; when and how. What an incredible God we have. He loves us so much that He is willing to come to earth to come to know and love us. He loved us so much that it says in John 3:16 in the B’rit Chadasha or New Testament, “For God so love the world that He gave His ONLY BEGOTTEN SON that whosoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have everlasting life.”
THE BOOK OF HEBREWS, chapter 1, verses 1-4 (New Testament)
1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets.
2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;
3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;
4 Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.
5 For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?
6 And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him.
7And of the angels he saith, Who maketh his angels spirits, and his ministers a flame of fire.
8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.
9 Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.
10 And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands:
11 They shall perish; but thou remainest; and they all shall wax old as doth a garment;
12 And as a vesture shalt thou fold them up, and they shall be changed: but thou art the same, and thy years shall not fail.
13But to which of the angels said he at any time, Sit on my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool?
14 Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation?
As you can see, God told us about His Son, Yeshua or Jesus, from the very beginning of Genesis. He is scattered all through the Tanakh and B’rit Chadasha (Old and New Testaments). Please remember that if you are Jewish, believing in God, His Word and His Son is the very most Jewish thing you can do. For those who are not Jewish and are looking for God and His plan through His Son and Savior of all manking, please remember that God desires all men to be saved. God is waiting for YOU! We have until the day we die to make up our mind. We do not know the moment at which we will die on this earth. It could be today. If you are ready to receive all that God has for you, please turn to the TICKET TO HEAVEN page now and see the prophecy and how you can accept Yeshua or Jesus right now, this very day, and spend the rest of your days worshipping and praising our awesome God and Savior. The be ready for eternity in Heaven with all those who have put their faith and trust in God and Jesus. I hope to see you in Heaven some day. The alternative is not very good. If you want to catch a glimpse of Heaven and Hell, see what God said and described or us so we can make an informed decision on the HEAVEN OR HELL page.
God bless you on your road to peace, understanding and eternal life. May the peace and wisdom of the Most High God (El Elyon) be with you always.
Your friend and brother in Yeshua HaMashiach (Jesus the Messiah, Jesus Christ), Dave Winer.